I know that I’ve neglected this blog for a long time. It’s mostly due to being so busy at work. But since it was time to dump my old theme — which was pretty, but a complete mess code-wise — I decided to reinvigorate the blog and get a new design going.
I can’t take credit for all of this as I’m using a pre-made theme, but I’ve added some of my own flourishes to it and brought over a few elements from the old theme. I think this is much cleaner, though, and more readable. The last thing I need to do is get the front page sorted so it’s static, then move the blog part to it’s own section. A friend is helping me set that up now.
I also added a new theme to my Tumblr blog (yep, back to using that again, too). It doesn’t match what’s here, but I think it’s spiffy enough. I’m also going to start crossposting between Tumblr and the blog again now that I understand better how Tumblr works. I won’t crosspost everything, though. Just a few posts that I want to highlight. I still wish there was a decent Tumblr crossposting plugin.
Other than that, I’ve got my Twitter all set, my Facebook in order, and even a profile over at GDGT. Once the front page of this site is done I think I can stop with the fiddling and finally get down to posting some content.
Web design is hard.